NATURAL SKINCARE INGREDIENTS - my TOP 12 picks
Natural Eye Makeup
The best natural skincare ingredients to use in homemade beauty recipes are listed below.
Ever wondered why specific natural ingredients from your kitchen pantry are used on your skin. You would be amazed at how simple and effective certain products such as eggs, honey and olive oil are at treating your skin. Read on to fully understand why these basic kitchen ingredients are so popular and yet so effective when used in homemade beauty recipes for your skin.
Using natural ingredients in facial scrubs, toners, moisturizers, masks, exfoliators to make your own homemade recipes are greatly increasing in popularity. They are CHEAP, contain no additives and/or harsh toxic chemicals and are fun to use. For some of us, these are very important reasons to avoid the use of commercial skincare products.
Many are now placing more emphasis on natural lifestyles in hopes of keeping their bodies as free as possible from toxins, hence maintaining health for as long as possible. Some women may also have very sensitive skin and can not tolerate over-the-counter skin care products due to very high sensitivities. For these reasons, turning to simple natural skincare ingredients is their best alternative.
Here are my top 10 best natural skincare ingredients:
1) HONEY: is a natural humectant with antimicrobial and antibacterial properties which attracts and retains moisture. It is an obvious choice for those with dry or aging skin.
2) OLIVE OIL: is a natural, hypoallergenic way to moisturize skin. Extra virgin olive oil in particular contains strong antioxidants, like Vitamins A and E which have the natural ability to stimulate damaged skin cells to help return them to a healthier state. This natural skincare ingredient is often used by those with sensitive and/or skin as well as those who want the anti-aging protection.
3) CANE SUGAR: produces glycolic acid which is one of the natural alpha hydroxy acids that exfoliates the skin. In other words, it helps dissolve the outer layer of skin. Trust me, this natural skincare ingredient really softens the skin.
4)EGG WHITES: egg whites contains a substance called albumen which is a liquid consisting of about 15 percent protein and 85 percent water. When you apply albumen to your face, the water evaporates and the proteins form a film which gives your skin a tightening feeling. Egg whites turn out to be a very good base to whichever other ingredients you mix it with to increase its astringent properties (this means it can help intensify the stripping of dirt away)
5) LEMON JUICE: Diluted lemon juice is known to be an effective toner for acne-prone skin. It may also help with lightening age spots, hyperpigmentation and red spots on skin.
6) BAKING SODA: this ingredient can be very useful as an exfoliant which means it can help strip off the dead skin cells on your face. It has a neutral ph and is gentle on your skin therefore, this can be extremely useful for those with sensitive, blemished skin. Some have sworn by baking soda as the only effective acne treatment.
7) OATMEAL: contains the antioxidants avenathramides, which are effective in reducing redness and protecting the skin against UV sun damage. Oatmeal can also be used to treat dry skin and itching for those suffering from eczema and/or rashes. All in all however, oatmeal is an excellent, gentle natural facial exfoliator.
8)MILK: contains lactic acid which acts as a gentle exfoliator to leave your skin feeling clean and supple.
9)ALMONDS: Vitamin E, an antioxidant, comes in abundance in almonds. This is great for protecting the skin from sun damage. Almonds are also packed with monounsaturated fats, which means there is lots of oil to moisturize your skin.
10)YOGURT: Yogurt contains loads of lactic Acid, which is an alpha hydroxy acid proven to be successful in refining pores, exfoliating the skin and stimulating collagen production. It's creamy texture also makes it the perfect consistency for masks :-)
11)AVOCADO:Avocados naturally contain a deep penetrating oil that is perfect for dry skin. It is also a good source of potassium (also known as the youth mineral) which helps your skin maintain its healthy and beautiful glow.
Return from NATURAL SKINCARE to HOMEMADE BEAUTY RECIPES
Find out how you can make your own website just like I did